Keto diet is a low carbohydrate diet. It consists of basically 80% fat and it has been proven to have a lot of health benefits like reducing the risk of cancer, improving the health condition of the heart and also has the potential to reduce seizures for people with epilepsy.
Yoga, on the other hand, is a physical and mental exercise aimed at creating harmony in the body and mind. Yoga and keto diet are like two different kinds of worlds so then you might be wondering; is yoga good for keto diet?
Can I Do Yoga On A Keto Diet? Maybe you are on a keto diet and you have read about the many benefits of yoga and would love to start but you are not too sure if you can do yoga on a keto diet. Well, yes you can. You can complement your keto diet with Yoga.
There have been many proven additional health benefits of complementing your keto diet with yoga. So, yes you can still do yoga even when you are on a keto diet.
Is Yoga Good For The Keto Diet?
It has been proven that both yoga and keto diet have their benefits. But just in case you are wondering if the combination of these two would be detrimental or beneficial to your overall health.
Well, keto diet and yoga can work hand in hand to give you a combined health benefit. There are a lot of additional benefits you can derive from complementing these two with each other.
Both keto and yoga have their benefits. Yoga is a low energy consuming exercise.
It helps improves flexibility as well as increase muscle strength and tone. Yoga can also help reduce various chronic pains like back pain, headaches, arthritis, and much more.
Yoga also aids in weight reduction. Yoga also has a lot of mental benefit such as helping to reduce anxiety. It also gives you a positive outlook on life.
Keto diet, on the other hand, helps in weight reduction. It also helps to reduce acne. Keto diet has also been proven to reduce the risk of cancer. It can help prevent or even treat certain cancers.
Likewise, it can help in improving the health condition of the heart. Keto diet also helps to protect the brain functioning.
It has been proven by health practitioners that ketosis has the potential to reduce seizures in people with epilepsy.
These two just as you have seen from above have a lot of amazing benefits but then combining them can help you derive much more additional benefits.
Complementing these two with each other would help you live a very healthy and meaningful life.
What Are The Benefits Of Keto Diet And Yoga?
As earlier discussed, the ketogenic diet and yoga both have their perks. But then combining these two would help you derive a much greater benefit. So, here are additional benefits you will derive from combining both keto diet and yoga.
- It will improve your motion range, strength, and balance. Using ketones as a source of energy would help improve flexibility and increase your strength and balance when doing yoga.
- It will help in improving the overall physique. Keto diet is said to reduce the physical strength of a person. In this state, doing extensive anaerobic exercises to keep fit might not be possible because they require a lot of energy. Yoga, on the other hand, does not require a lot of energy and can still be used to achieve your fitness plan. So, if you still want to maintain your fitness physique even while on a keto diet, then you should consider complementing your ketogenic diet with yoga.
- Aids in weight loss. Yoga is much more than mediation and stretching. It also can help with weight reduction. Yoga would improve your mental capacity and would help improve your focus and determination to help you in achieving your fitness goal. So, combining a ketogenic diet whose main objective is weight loss with yoga would help you lose some pounds.
- It helps in relieving stress. Among the notable benefits of yoga is that it helps in improving your perspective about life. Combining yoga with keto diet which is aimed at helping you feel good about yourself would help relieve worry and anxiety.
- The combination of the keto diet, as well as yoga, can also help to improve your sleep. Sleep has a vital connection with your lifestyle. Stress and anxiety can deprive you of sleep and just like has been mentioned above, ketogenic diet and yoga can help clear your mind from anxiety which would, in turn, help you to sleep soundly. Obesity also causes sleep disorders and fortunately, this can be addressed through the keto diet.
What Do You Eat On A Keto Diet?
Keto diet has become quite popular lately mainly because of its health benefits. Keto diet is a low carbohydrate diet, adequate protein, and a high-fat diet. Keto diet consists primarily of 80% fat. Here are some examples of foods that fit into your ketogenic diet plan.
- Seafood like fish, salmon, and so on.
- Low carbohydrate vegetables
- Poultry and meat
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Nuts and seeds
- Berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Cream and butter
Check Taste Maker Mag Out For The Best Keto Recipe.
What Shouldn‘t You Eat On A Keto Diet?
Here are some examples of the kind of foods you need to steer clear of on your ketogenic diet.
- Bread and dough
- Sweets and sugary foods
- Sweetened beverages
- Noodles and spaghetti.
- Grains and grain products like rice, wheat, oats, cereals, and so on
- Fruits like citrus, bananas, grapes, pineapples, and so on.
- Starchy vegetables like potatoes, pumpkin, corn, peas, etc
- Certain alcoholic beverages also need to be avoided at all cost
- Processed foods like fast food
- Processed meats like a hot dog
In conclusion, before proceeding to start your ketogenic diet plan, be sure to consider the pros and cons carefully. Also, ensure you do it only on a medical directive so it wouldn’t hurt your health.